Community Housing Applicant Portal
Welcome to the Community Housing Applicant Portal.
Here, you can apply for affordable housing programs in the Region of Waterloo, regardless of whether you currently live in this area.
The programs are designed for households with low to moderate income, and eligible applicants will be placed on a waiting list. The wait times will vary depending on your household size and preferred location.
Step 1: Check your eligibility:
To check if you are eligible for these programs, everyone on your application (all household members including children) must:
- Be a Canadian citizen, a landed immigrant, or have applied for permanent residency, or refugee protection in Canada with no active removal orders in place.
- At least 1 person in the household must be 16 years of age or older and able to live independently and/or arrange to have the required support services.
- Not have outstanding money you owe to another social housing provider for a previous community housing tenancy.
- Agree to sell any home that you own that could be lived in year round (or that you share ownership of) within 6 months of accepting an offer.
- Have less than the maximum household income allowed for each unit size listed in the following chart:
Annual Household Income Limits, effective January 1, 2023
Housing in Wellesley, Wilmot Township
Housing in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, North Dumfries, Woolwich Township
Step 2: Register
To apply online, you need to create an account with an active email address by clicking on "Begin Online Application Now" to register/create your online account. Your email address will need to be verified before you can complete your application so you will need immediate and ongoing access to this email. An email address may only be used once, if you need to change your registered email address please contact us.
If you already have an account, you can simply log into continue your application by clicking on "Update/Continue Existing Application".
Your application will not be submitted until you agree to the consent and declaration. You will receive confirmation once your application has been submitted.